DLR Dreams: Our Top 10
YES always to the big ticket attractions in Canary Wharf such as The O2 arena, top notch shopping and restaurants, the greenery of Greenwich across the water…
However, Canary Wharf is now giving both West and East London a run for its money in the art, culture and fitness stakes. Here's whats happening right now, quite a few unmissables:
1. Fancy a ‘floating experience?’ Rent an electric Go Boats or a 'Hot Tugs' and cruise around the Canary Wharf basin like a boss.
2. Sweat is Anthony Joshua’s gym and it is next level. The pro boxer has created class-based training ranging from Boxing, Versa Climbing, Yoga & Pilates, and more.
3. Shoot hoops at the city’s most stylish court, designed by artist Yinka Ilori, it's free too.
4. Play 9 holes of modern art mini golf designed by artists Craig &'s Karl. It free, open until 30th Sept – just turn up!
5. Skip the queues at Pret, there's an international street food market every Thursday in Montgomery Square:
6. Fair Game is a funfair reinvented. Food, drinks and games are a great excuse to invite the hottie from accounts out for a drink? Open till late.
7. PADEL is the new tennis, you might have heard of it? Canary Wharf has a club with excellent outdoor courts.
8. Visit Mandala Lab, an interactive healing space, part of London Design Festival, launched in partnership with the Rubin museum in NYC. It's also free, open till 25 Nov.
9. Illusionaries is London’s most Instagrammed experiential art gallery. Is this the future of art where anything is possible?
10. Beach volleyball is back! All for a good cause too, they're raising funds for Action for Kids. On till end of Sept - win/win. Book here.
An urban playground