We asked 2,000 people a series of questions regarding their attitudes to holidaying in summer 2020. From this research we've now uncovered five distinct types of travellers planning a break, from the nature lovers to the anxious travellers. Curious to know what type of traveller you are? Take the quiz and find out!
Q1 - It’s two weeks until your holiday, where can you most likely be found?
- Investigating the beauty spots nearest to where you will be staying - 1 point
- Scouring review sites to check out what the last guests thought - 2 points
- Browsing the web for some last-minute holiday buys - 3 points
- Doing what I’m normally doing, two weeks is ages away! - 4 points
- Booking a table at a local restaurant so dinner on the first night is sorted - 5 points
Q2 - Time to pack, which of the below is most likely to be found in your suitcase?
- A few packs of antiseptic wipes, you can’t be too careful at the moment - 2 points
- Perfectly coordinated outfits for every day you are away - 3 points
- A book, perfect for chilling out in the evenings - 4 points
- A pair of hiking shoes for those long walks - 1 point
- A folder with all my booking confirmations in one safe place - 5 points
Q3. You have arrived and head out to dinner at the nicest restaurant in town but they don't have space right now, what do you do?
- Pop into a local supermarket and head for a late-night picnic in the nearest park - 1 point
- Snap a quick pic outside and head next door for some fish and chips - 3 points
- Speak to the manager, you had booked two weeks in advance so there must be a mistake - 5 points
- Keep walking, another nice place will be just around the corner - 4 points
- Decide on a takeaway tonight, you can collect the boxes safely and feel more comfortable doing this than risking somewhere random - 2 points
Q4. You find yourself with two hours spare - what’s first on your list?
- Time to get online and let everyone know what a great trip you are having - 3 points
- Ring ahead to make sure tomorrow's planned activity is still happening - 5 points
- Refresh the news sites on your phone to see if you should be aware of any local developments - 2 points
- Grab a coffee from a local family owned business - 1 point
- Relax and enjoy the down time - 4 points
Q5. It’s your last day tomorrow and the weather is suddenly looking amazing, what do you do?
- Enjoy your last evening, there will be loads to see if the sun is out tomorrow - 4 points
- Set your alarm for super early, the sunrise sky will look amazing - 3 points
- Plan to leave earlier than you were going to, you can’t risk the roads being super busy - 2 points
- Plan to hire some bikes, a great way to get around and make the most of the good weather -1 point
- Download the parking app for the local beach and pay tonight - that way you're one step ahead of the day trippers - 5 points
Finished answering the questions? Calculate your total points and find out what you are below.
5 to 9 points - The Nature Lover
The great outdoors is what it’s all about for the Nature Lovers (31%). They can think of nothing better than feeling the fresh air in their hair and also believe that it's important to travel sustainably where possible. Those between the ages of 34-54 are most likely to identify as Nature Lovers.
10 to 14 points - The Anxious Traveller
Anxious Travellers (47%) admit to paying eagle eyed attention to reviews at the moment, ensuring that businesses are staying as safe as possible. They are also most likely to consider bringing their own cleaning products to help get things ship shape on arrival. More women than men fall into this category (53% vs 41%). The percentage reflects the number of people from our survey that also got the same result.
15 to 19 points - The Pics or it didn’t happen
You will most likely find a Pics or it Didn’t Happen traveller (16%) at the local beauty spot, attempting to get the best picture in order to update their various social media profiles. Members of this group say they specifically visit places to get a picture when on holiday and even plan their outfits in advance. Perhaps unsurprisingly, most of these travellers identify as millennials.
20 to 24 points - The Go with the Flow
It’s hard to ruffle the feathers of a Go with the Flow traveller (19%). Even amid a pandemic they admit they’re able to completely switch off and enjoy their time away. They also agree that too much pre-planning has the potential to ruin a holiday. Significantly more men (27%) than women (10%) are in this category.
25 points - The Perfect Planner
Next is the Perfect Planner (32%). Perfect Planners tend to have most details of their trip decided in advance - especially helpful amid a pandemic where booking beforehand is encouraged. They also agree that it’s easy to waste time on holiday if you are not careful. That means they are likely to be up and exploring early in the morning.
What type of traveller are you? Whether you're the perfect planner or 'the go with the flow type', at Point A we can't wait to welcome you all! We pride ourselves on being a small hotel with big heart. Visit our hotel pages for more information on our rooms, locations and availability. We look forward to welcoming you soon.