London & Glasgow this August
August 3-13th Scotland is hosting the Cycling World Championships - the biggest there is! Most events are taking place in or near Glasgow.
Still not impressed? What if we told you there will be BMX freestyle, BMX course, cycle ball (yes, it’s a thing!), mountain bike cross country, downhill, track AND road races… see you there?
Stay at Point A Glasgow
As usual, London is full of top notch events this August. Our faves:
1. Aug 18-28th: All Points East Music Festival, Victoria Park in Hackney. Headliners include Stormzy, The Strokes, Haim, Aphex Twin, Dermot Kennedy.
Stay at Point A Liverpool Street
2. The Science Museum's current exhibition is Science Fiction: Voyage to the Edge of the Imagination. Entry is free. They also have an Imax, and Oppenheimer is currently playing.
Stay at Point A Kensington
3. Sun Aug 27-Mon Aug 28th: Notting Hill Carnival. Steel bands, sound systems and fabulous costumes are at the heart of this celebration of Caribbean culture and London’s communities.
Stay at Point A Paddington
4. Sat 19th Aug: Celebrate Black Pride at the Queen Elizabeth Park in Stratford. Protest meets party featuring music, art, workshops, food and drink. Inspiration and love is the message.
Stay at Point A Canary Wharf
5. This summer's Serpentine pavilion is born. Experience Lina Ghotleh’s creation, take in other exhibitions on, go boating or swimming in the lake while you’re there.
Stay at Point A Kensington or Point A Paddington
6. Summer theatre: Exclusively in summer can experience theatre at open-air, iconic venues such as Shakespeare’s Globe and Regent’s Park Open Air theatre.
Stay at Point A Westminster for Shakespeare's Globe
Stay at Point A King's Cross for Regent's Park
7. 14th July - 9th of September the BBC Proms are on at Royal Albert Hall. This year's programme proves that classical music is so much more than Beethoven. There are 'mindful mix' proms, Bollywood, Northern Soul, Jazz, and much more.
Stay at Point A Kensington.
London & Glasgow